Collective book about family violence against children, 2nd edition
Collective book | Post published on May 8, 2019
Completely revised and updated, the 2nd edition of the collective work La violence à l'égard des enfants en milieu familial, presents the most recent research on issues related to childhood and intervention strategies currently being evaluated. The book will allow students and researchers from different fields, such as psychology, psychoeducation, social work, criminology, public health and nursing sciences, to find a complete and accessible range of analyzes and possible solutions on situations of violence against children in the family environment. Integration questions have been added at the end of the chapters to validate understanding.
The book presents:
- physical violence, psychological abuse, exposure to domestic violence, neglect, sexual assault and complex trauma;
- consequences on the child physical, psychological and social development;
- characteristics of victims, aggressors and living environments;
- laws and measures in Québec to prevent and reduce situations of violence in family environments;
- legal mechanisms and youth protection services.
Sarah Dufour and Marie-Ève Clément directed this collective book. Sarah Dufour, Ph. D., is a professor at the School of psychoeducation at the Université de Montréal. Marie-Ève Clément, Ph. D., is a professor in the Department of psychoeducation and psychology at the Université du Québec en Outaouais.
To produce this book, they have worked with specialists and practitioners from many universities and institutions.
- Professor Clément testifies at the Special Commission on the Rights of the Child and Youth Protection 17 February 2020
- Parental attitudes and conduct of a violent nature towards children aged 6 months to 17 years in Québec in 2018 7 February 2020
- Children’s exposure to domestic violence in Québec in 2018 2 December 2019
- The CRVE at the 9th Congrès québécois sur la maltraitance envers les enfants et les adolescents 14 November 2019
- Award of Excellence for Professor Marie-Ève Clément 11 November 2019