Award of Excellence for Professor Marie-Ève Clément
Award | Post published on November 11, 2019
Alain Charbonneau, Vice-Rector, Teaching, Research and Creation and Professor Marie-Ève Clément.
On November 3, 2019, Marie-Ève Clément, professor in the Department of psychoeducation and psychology and holder of the Canada Research Chair in Violence against Children, received the Research Excellence Award for professors.
Professor Clément's research focuses on the epidemiology of violence against children and the evaluation of prevention and intervention programs. She is also interested in parental cognitions and the intergenerational transmission of physical and psychological violence against children. Recognized expert who gives numerous interviews to the media, Marie-Ève Clément also collaborates on the Portrait des tout-petits au Québec which was published in 2016 by the Observatoire des tout-petits. For the first time, data on the province's toddlers is brought together in a single document to provide a comprehensive portrait.
Research Excellence Award for professors (Prix d'excellence en recherche pour les professeurs)
The prize is awarded to a professor at UQO who has distinguished himself through his research contribution. In addition to demonstrating excellence in the specific component of the coveted award, applicants must maintain a quality academic contribution in teaching and research. This prize is awarded by the studies committee which chooses the laureates following recommendations made by the selection committee.
- Professor Clément testifies at the Special Commission on the Rights of the Child and Youth Protection 17 February 2020
- Parental attitudes and conduct of a violent nature towards children aged 6 months to 17 years in Québec in 2018 7 February 2020
- Children’s exposure to domestic violence in Québec in 2018 2 December 2019
- The CRVE at the 9th Congrès québécois sur la maltraitance envers les enfants et les adolescents 14 November 2019
- Award of Excellence for Professor Marie-Ève Clément 11 November 2019